Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What I've Been Up To....

I'm following suit of my dear college friend Kimberly over at Faith, Hope & Alotta Love...

Last night I had the dear pleasure of lodging a night at my old house with the best roommate in South Carolina (woot woot K)! As single women in their later 20's, who both feel a strong calling to the married life, we talked about using this time to not only seize the present moment that God has given us, but also to develop skills, master recipes and seize other things that the freedom of our states of life allow us at this current moment.

So this is what I've been up to:

Mastering the Art of Pimento Cheese
This will one day be a post on itself, but pimento cheese is a staple of the South. Nothing north of the Mason Dixon line has ever tasted as good as Pimento cheese in the south tastes. Seriously. I'd like to think I've become a connoisseur of Pimento cheese (since I basically order it everywhere I go), and I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out.


Greek Layer Dip
When I lived in G-Vegas a group of us young adults got together and met for a weekly small-group. We read through Gaudium Et Spes (a great document from Vatican II--it's an easy read) and Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales. Each week we'd bring snacks or dinner and feed the body & the soul. One of the gals in our group made this and by the end of the night, there was literally nothing left. I recently made it for a Young Adult get-together and it was a hit.

Julia
She's bold, fearless and accepts nothing less than confident excellence. Since I've moved to SC, I've mastered her Boeuf Bourguignon, Beurre Blanc, and Coq Au Vin.
(Isn't that espresso set the cutest! My Momma gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago & I LOVE it!)

Traveling the Great State of SC
So my whole territory is the great state of South Carolina. Here's a billboard from a Catholic parish in the Upstate.
(It's hard to see, but it's Pope Francis and the Catholic Church.)

Ribbon Wreaths:
These are so much fun to make! I purchased the ribbon at an after Christmas Sale for  90% off. Isn't it FUN?!?!

And there you have it!
Cooking, Creating, Julia Child and Traveling.
As Julia always ends...
Bon Appétit!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm definitely going to have to try the Greek Layer Dip, looks so good! Do you have a recipe for the pimento cheese or do you just wing it every time? As a northerner I'd love try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, too! More blog posts PLEASE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete