Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blog Tag...You're IT!!!

It's true 2 posts in one week, I know, I know... I can hardly contain myself either.

Anyways, my sweet friend Cynth over at Finding Great Joy tagged me, and well it's just fun, so I'm joining the bandwagon and will tag some of you too!

So Here's The Rules:
  1. The first rule is to post these rules.
  2. Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
  3. Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
  5. Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.

(I've always had a pizazz for life, and like to jazz things up a bit.)

  1. I have professionally recorded on 3 albums all by the age of 15.
  2. I jumped off of a cliff in the jungle into the amazon.
  3. I used to pretend when I was little that I had my own cooking show and would make meals out of my Mom's hosta leaves, mud and my Dad's nails & screws.
  4. I could eat my Grandma's mexican food and a fresh salad from her garden with homemade dressing just about every day of my life and never want for anything else.
  5. I love old things, antiquing, refurbishing things.
  6. I have this (at times terrible) pull to have to be different. It's innate. No matter what it is, if the majority of people are liking something, something internally on principle controls me to not like it even if I try. Seriously my body has a physical reaction to it....
  7. If nostril flaring was a sport, I would be a champion.
  8. I cry over everything. Sad, happy, beauty, anger, just for the heck of it. I cry...A LOT!
  9. I love playing sports. Volleyball being my favorite. But love a good game of ultimate frisbee, baseball/softball.
  10. I want to have a huge garden like my Mom and Grandparents used to have. We joke around that we were organic before organic was cool, and I'm grateful for that.
  11. I can make that sound like Xena warrior princess.

Okay now here are some questions from Cynth:

  1. Mini-van or other?
    Although I do love the space with mini vans and how many people and things you can fit in them; I think I may lean on the "other" and opt for good bad-a$$ gas-mileage SUV.
  2. Favorite clothing item? A pretty dress that twirls when you spin and blows with the wind and is just stinkin' fabulous and you look smashing in it!
  3. Best friend in the whole wide world? Why? Hmmmm... I have many different best friends but if I had to pick one I would say my sister Maria. We are both the middle children, so there's a mutual understanding between our hearts; but she has always challenged me by the radical witness of humility, truth and fun that she lives by. Plus she's always been there since before I can even remember.It's nice when you've never lived a day without your best friend! (PS-Today's her birthday too!)
  4. Favorite movie? The Princess Bride. Inconceivable!!! And no more rhymes now I mean it...Anybody want a peanut....NO!!!! :)
  5. Your favorite trait about yourself? I love that I love to laugh and cry, and feel things really deep. The beauty of life provokes my innermost being, and I love that about myself.
  6. Best concert you've ever been to? oooooo tie between George Strait and Elton John. Two totally different performers, but both great shows!
  7. Most difficult decision you've ever had to make? Hmmmm...I would have to say all of them in which my head and heart are saying two different things.Remember the crying thing...yeah talk about the rivers of tears flowing wild and free.
  8. What did you want to be when you were little? A Mom or The Judds (with my sister Maria of course, we would be the sister version rather than the Mother and Daughter duo)
  9. Favorite quote? "Life is beautiful."
  10. Most expensive item [at the grocery store] that you have ever purchased?? With the exception of hard liquor; Saffron. Sister loves herself a good paella!
  11. Best television series you have ever watched? LOST. No explanation, but you just need to watch it!
Okay... You've read it and now I'm tagging Maria, Jeanly, Katie B. (that's two tags for you),Mia and Kim.

And here's some questions for you ladies:
  1. Most Memorable Moment
  2. Favorite Childhood TV Show
  3. Kitchen Item You Cannot Live Without
  4. Favorite Saint.Why?
  5. Top 5 Favorite Anthem Songs
  6. Favorite Recipe
  7. Favorite Lip Smackers Flavor
  8. Dream Vacation
  9. Coffee, Tea or Pop
  10. Favorite CD that you can listen to the whole thing
  11. If you could have an actress to play you in a movie, who would it be? Why?

And GO!!!!


Happy Tagging!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE these! I would have to say that #8 is my favorite thing about you! You make everyone want to love life...you really do! So happy you took part...and um, saffron? I've always wanted to do it...but can't ever get up the gumption. Good for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Rach!! You made ME cry!! I will now sing your theme song (RIP Whitney) I Get So Emotional, Baby :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete