Sunday, March 25, 2012

Celebrating the Sabbath:The Sunday Southern Seven

Hello Friends,

Happy Sabbath. I pray you are all enjoying the fabulous weather that has seemed to permeate itself across most of the country! It's hard to believe the month of March is almost over--thank Heavens, because I'm kind of ready for May (but I have to make it through April first). Anyways, here are 7 thought-bits that have been scanning this mind of mine....

#1). Did anyone else want to start singing this song during today's Gospel? (ps-we are doing the scrutinies at Mass so are on cycle A). I love this song. I love this band. In fact, there are top of my 'must see in concert' list. And can I just say Marcus Mumford, although is 2 years my junior, makes my sweet ol' heart go pitter-patter. Just sayin'...Enjoy!


#2). I been on this hummus kick lately. Like make a fresh batch just about every day, and devour it with cucumbers. No lie. Plus it's super easy to make and super healthy which are two 'thumbs up'. As I was eating some hummus tonight, I wondered if Jesus ate hummus? I mean He is from the middle east and supposedly the Blessed Mother was from around the area that is know today as Lebanon...so I wonder. I kind of like to think He did, but I guess just another thing I'll find out when I hopefully make it to Heaven one day.

#3). St. Pio (previously known as Padre Pio). Okay folks here it is: growing up my Mom would pray through his intercession before he was ever canonized. In fact, during his beatification and canonization process, I think my Mom may have contributed in some way, because I remember we had all these holy cards that were sent to us with relics on them. Yeah....I KNOW. I have no idea where they all went, but I still have one of them thanks be to God! I have a small little picture of him in my office and a parishioner started talking to me about her devotion to him and gave me A Man of Miracles: Padre Pio DVD. (NOTE: DO NOT WATCH ALONE AT NIGHT...it might freak you out a little bit). Anyways, I've also been reading a book about praying the Psalms with Padre Pio and it's fabulous. St. Pio Pray For Us! Amen!

#4). Way back in January I wrote this post THIS ONE and so far I'm down 15 pounds!! Yay! God is good and there's no way I could do this without Him. In fact, I had fun pulling out clothes I haven't worn in about 3 years. I've had my bad days don't get me wrong, but during those trial I remember I can do all things in HIM who strengthens me.

#5). I miss my family (shocking I know, but I really do). And I also need a good hair trim and a touch up to my highlights...(I figures while I was going all melancholic, I might as well get in my hair).

#6). No matter what I'm feeling this song always makes me smile. In fact, when I was little I thought it was about me because they mention the month of May, and well my birthday is May...hey now okay, I was like 4 or 5 (who am I kidding, I still like to think it's about me). Anyways, enjoy!

Link


#7). So I've come to the realization that they may not have lilacs or peonies down in the South!! I know, how am I going to survive spring. These are two of my most favorite flowers ever....and this could be bad. So in the meantime, I'll just buy candles that resemble their fragrance and pray I find some ;0) I know there could be worse things.

Have a beautiful week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh...you are a girl after my own heart ;) THAT Padre Pio movie is our favorite...but I do agree, it could freak you out a bit at some parts! Also...yes I think Jesus ate hummus (b/c who wouldn't?) and I am so proud of you! 15 lbs? Awesome ;)

    God bless you,friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend. Yeah...you know me and my crazy imagination, so attempting to watch it alone at night ended in me stopping the movie and watching it the next morning :0) I'm glad you think the same about the hummus thing! And thanks for the encouragement! Miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot listen to My Girl without thinking of the movie :) Also, those candles that you got me for my birthday smell wonderfully and so much like real lilacs, I hope you bought some for yourself as well!! Love you and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those candles! Yes, in fact that's what got me on the search to try and find some real ones...but no luck as of yet! Miss you lots and love you even more Sis ;0)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS-Maria & Cynthia, you need to become friends, even though you're states apart :0)

    ReplyDelete