Sunday, December 18, 2011

Celebrating the Sabbath:The Sunday Southern Seven

(Merry Christmas Darling...We're apart that's true...)
Good Sabbath Everyone!! (I always feel like someone from Fiddler on the Roof when I say that--ah well mazeltov..right?) Anyways...


Well it's hard to believe today marks the last (4th) Sunday in Advent, which means.....Christ is coming soon!!! Yay!!

This has been a very beautiful week, thanks be to God! Do you ever have those moments when you just know someone is praying for you? I don't mean like your friend called you and told you he/she was praying for you. But those little moments where your soul is being uplifted to a peace beyond anything you could have asked for...it's just beautifully awesome. So whoever you are, Thank you! Thank you for asking God to flood my being with gratitude for the abundance of blessings God has most recently poured down on me.

In honor of the blessing of gratitude I have been made aware of and also with the gratitude of God sending His Son down to earth. This weeks Sunday Southern 7 is a list compiled from a few of the many things I am grateful for:

1. A Welcoming Community. I have to say, people are not joking when they talk about Southern Hospitality. I have been so very blessed in relocating to a community where I am completely embraced in every aspect. Whether it's parishioners, coworkers, people I randomly meet at Christmas parties, everyone is so genuinely stinkin' nice. No lie. With over 85% of the population transplanting here from literally all around the world, people are very quick to embrace and take care of those who have been newly transplanted to the Upstate. It's very beautiful and I am so grateful to have moved to such a location.


2.Friends. I've always loved my friends and knew they were special, but in the last few years, I have grown a deep appreciation for the relationships we have cultivated throughout the years. These friendships that have withstood the test of time, location, mood swings, travel, etc.... I am so very blessed to have the friends that I do and look forward to making more fabulous memories and meeting new friends along the way.
(Me and the Fabulous JK enjoying caffeine & CO before we almost got mugged)

3. Job. Working for a parish you see people at all of life's stages, and I cannot say how grateful I am not only to have a job that provides me a living, but a job that truly wants to bring people closer to God. I love that I not only have the opportunity to go to daily Mass, but it's encouraged for me to go and for me to slip away to the Adoration chapel. I know working for the Church isn't always perfect (as is anything in this life) but, for what it is, and for what I've experienced thus far in my life, I feel a lot of peace with the opportunity that has been provided for me.

4.Washer & Dryer. Now mind you, I lived the last year without a washer and dryer in my apartment and had to either go to the laundry-mat or lug baskets of dirty clothes with me to my generous Mother and Sisters homes who had mercy on their Rachie and let her do her laundry. But thanks be to God, my washer & dryer were installed this week and I have the convenience of washing my clothes whenever I want to! Some may think little of this, but to me, it's a luxury, that I am so thankful for!

5. My Mom. She's great! And if you've ever met her or have heard about her life, she'll inspire you to no end. We've not always seen eye to eye and that's okay, because I still think she is by far one of the most fabulous people I will ever know in this life.

6. My Nieces and Nephews. The number one hardest thing about moving away from family was being so far from these fabulous little people. I have been called twice this week with their sweet little voices singing to me The First Noel and I LOVE it more than anything. What a privilege to hear their voices singing from the depths of their pure little souls to spread the joy of the season to their Auntie miles away...


7. My Sisters. I love them. They're the strongest women I know and are changing the world one life at a time. I cannot imagine my life without them.


(Honorable #8: Goes to my fabulous Brothers-in law and Stepdad. God bless these men! The fact these men are married to such strong women says a lot about the men they are and strive to be.)

Happy Sunday! God Bless and have a beautiful week!

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! I miss you so much! Sending prayers your way. Oh and its freezing here in P town today and very windy...hope you are where the sunshine is! Love you
    RyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ry I miss you too! Thanks so much for the prayers! It's actually colder here right now than it is in Chicago; however, it's supposed to be 65 on Saturday--hooray! Sending a spiritual vanilla coke your way!

    ReplyDelete