Monday, December 12, 2011

Make A Little Music Monday!



So I decided to join my beautiful friend at Finding Great Joy on her 'Make A Little Music Monday' so here we go...

Movie of the Week:
Since Christmas is soon approaching and I am missing the midwest, my pick for this week is:

While You Were Sleeping




This is one of my family's favorites and what's not to love about falling in love in Chicago during the week in-between Christmas and New Years? Seriously! Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Boyle, Peter Gallagher, Glynnis Johns(the mom from Mary Poppins in case you didn't know), Peter Warden and many more. With such a fun cast and plot, you are certain to be crushing over rustic-midwestern Bill Pullman by the end of the movie (as if he didn't make you swoon in Spaceballs).



Song of the Week:



Recipe of the Week:

This is by far the absolute best Spinach Artichoke Dip you will ever eat. We make this for all our family get-togethers. Consider yourself lucky if this makes it out of the kitchen (because my sisters and I have easily devoured this dip of fabulousness)! Enjoy y'all!

(Photo Courtesy of here)

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Courtesy of Paula Deen

Ingredients

  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.

Heat the spinach in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes and squeeze dry. Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop in a food processor.

Combine all the ingredients except the jack cheese in a large bowl. Stir well. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the jack cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm over a low flame. Serve with bagel chips.

Link of the Week:

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/

(Photo courtesy of HERE)

If you love blogs, Texas, cooking, great pictures and great stories. Follow this! Such a fabulous foodie blog with great recipes. You will be salivating by the time you scroll through the first post


Picture of the Week:


Mi Manitas
(Aren't they beautiful?)

Words of the Week:

"Proving that the best things, happen while you dance."-Irving Berlin

Be sure to stop on by Finding Great Joy to join in on the M.A.L.M.M!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post as usual, Rach!!

    Love the end quote!! I hear it in my mind being sung by Danny Kaye :)

    I was feeling the urge to watch While You Were Sleeping, too!!

    PS...In all our years of watching it, I NEVER knew that was the mother from Mary Poppins, but I can totally see it now!!

    Love u so much Rachie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't get through an Illinois Christmas without While You Were Sleeping. I literally just took it out of my VCR. (Yes, I said VCR...I refuse to re-buy all of the wonderful movies that I already own on VHS.) Love, love, love that movie. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete