Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's almost here...

I love this time...

Can you feel the excitement?

HE is almost here!!!

As I was baking and making gifts tonight, I began to reflect on Christ's birth. Birthday's are big in my family, and praise be to God for that. But as I was baking and making away, I was blessed to stop and savor the moment of preparation for Christ's birthday party (aka Christmas).

You know with gifts and such, I've always tried to look deeper into the seeing the gifts as a reflection of God's love for us and a fraction of the Ultimate Gift He gave...but now I kind of like to add to the mix, the thought that I'm preparing for a big party. You know you decorate for a party, you prepare food, you invite loved ones and you give a gift for the person of honor. And that's when it hit me, the gifts I give are like a party favor for the King's birthday! I mean seriously who wouldn't want to go to Jesus' Birthday Party?? It may sound crazy, but we are big party people in my family. Birthdays are a BIG DEAL, and why wouldn't I want to make an even BIGGER deal over Jesus...

So while I've been preparing spiritually for the big day, I also have a few favors for those celebrating Jesus' Birthday
(gluten-free cake truffles..did you know I'm gluten sensitive and my lil' sis is a celiac)

(For those who cannot enjoy schnapps in their cocoa, these will definitely suffice)
(For those who bathe, well...take a bath that is)

(and for those who I get to see on Friday--please excuse my huge mess)


So what are you doing to prepare for Jesus's big day? What's helped you keep focus this Advent while preparing for Christmas?

Do share :0) and then go drink some cocoa!


No comments:

Post a Comment